BOOTS: 1/4 inch heel – no flat soles!
HELMET: We supply one for the first month
Dress for the weather!
Winter – Wear Layers!
- long johns
- scarf /turtle neck
- a warm vest
- head band or toque
- hot shots!
= comfort & safety
= great start to learning!
After your intro lessons, arrive at the barn 1/2 hour before class to prep and stay 1/2 hour after to finish up.
leave the barn and tack as you want to find it.
Riding Lessons at Caledon Equestrian
Weekly lessons are geared to the safe progressive development of the rider. Coaches use the national Rider Level Program which establishes safe, correct and consistent skills at all levels. We offer Rider Testing at the end of the Spring session.
Lessons are available in groups, with a maximum of six riders per class with extra coaches and helpers for beginners; semi-private and private instruction. The cost stays the same for every type of class but the length will vary depending on the size of the class.
Caledon Equestrian School produces solid, effective and polished riders. We develop skills slowly but consistently. Our riders ride well but become horse people first. Sympathetic communication with our wonderful animals is paramount and that respect is instilled in the students in every riding lesson.
Mom’s and Tots Program
During the summer months we offer an intro lesson program for youngsters ages 4 to 6. We show the children how to be safe around the ponies on the ground and build confidence on the pony with a leader and a coach. The Mom or parent, is on site to reinforce instruction for safety. Lessons are offered after 3pm weekdays and regular lesson fees will apply.
Due to Public Health Protocols, masks must be worn if around a coach.
We are excited to get back to business and welcome all of you Home! Here are our new protocols that must be strictly followed to ensure everyone’s safety here at the barn.
* Do NOT come if you are ill in any way, or have been in contact with anyone with Covid
* If you have been travelling out of the country, let us know and we will see you after your quarantine
* No guests allowed on site or out of the car. One Family member per rider is allowed out of the car, but NOT in the barn.
* Masks must be worn in the barn and social distance must be maintained at all times
* We recommend you supply your own: grooming equipment, lead shank and tack cleaning equipment. If you need a list or help getting your supplies, let us know
* Disinfect/ wash your hands before entering and when leaving the barn
* Disinfect everything shared that you touch when you are finished with it – broom handles, wheelbarrow handles, equipment, door handles that you have touched
*Only 2 people in the tack room and you must maintain correct social distance
* Keep your distance in the barn – if a rider is leading a horse in the hallway, go into a stall
Be aware; Be safe; Keep your space and Disinfect!
*HST not included*
SINGLE MONTH FEE: $215 +HST =$240/month
SESSION FEE OR 4 CONSECUTIVE MONTHS: (Post dated cheques, e-transfer or pre-paid only)
$190 + HST = $215/per month per session:
Spring session – March, April, May and June
Fall session – September, October, November and December
Summer session – (July and August)
(can be paid as individual months)
Winter session – January and February
(can be paid as individual months)
- Group (3-6 students): 1 hour lesson
- Semi-group( 2-3 students): 45 minute lesson
- Private: 1/2 hour lesson
One make-up per session is applied to the month with a 5th week
- Second family member or second lesson – $180
- Extra lessons after the first four – $55 each
- Single lesson: $60
- Practice Rides (Rider 3 and higher): $50/hr.
Please add HST
A horse show is held at the end of each session – a minimum $50 show fee will apply.
We also offer National Rider Level testing.